FNL MATCHUP PREVIEW
Friday Night Lights Weekly Matchup Preview is brought to you by: Back In The Game Therapy, P.C. "Because it takes more than will to conquer the games of life."
ALL GAMES ON RANDALL'S ISLAND FIELD 74 TONIGHT
Teams that have playoffs locked in:
· Pink Panthers (4-1): PP have guaranteed themselves a spot in the playoffs, but it's safe to say they want to be the #1 seed. Panthers will be going up against Hedo Rick’s Cabaret, so if they play the same Pink D and explosive offense, they will be well on their way to the top seed come playoffs.
· Playmakers (4-1): This is such a dynamic team that has been playing extraordinary football this season. They even beat a dynasty team and they want to continue beating teams that are infamous in FNL. PM will be facing Hurricane SZN and both teams are risk-takers when it comes to making splash plays. PM controls their own destiny regarding the #1 seed. A win and the top spot is theirs. It's win or better luck next time for SZN. Who’s willing to gamble away playoffs?
· #MajorKey#AnotherOne (3-1-1) & The U (4-1): These teams are craving one last win to end the season. Both have secured a spot in playoffs but seeding is everything. The teams that take the first two seeds will have a bye to scope out the competition. #MK#AO & The U really want the W so it’s predicted that the game will come down to which team has the ball last on that game-deciding critical drive.
· Birds & the BEEZ (3-1) & TuneSQUAD (1-2-1): Both teams have intense doubleheaders that will determine if they can make it into the big dance. B&B will face Brady Bunch while TS will battle Decepticons. On paper it seems like B&B and TS have it in the bag, but nothing is more challenging than when a team has nothing to lose and will go balls to the wall. B&B and TS better be ready for round 1. As for round 2, B&B and TS will be facing each other and this will prove which team is worthy of playoffs. Let’s see which team will prevail under pressure and who will buckle.
· Hurricane SZN (2-3): Is showing that they still have some gas left in their tank. If they win this last game, they might have a fighting chance to make the cut. The only thing standing in their way is Playmakers. PM might have locked in playoffs, but seeding is a different story and this will be a battle to remember because neither team will let up. SZN needs a W and some help to get in.
Teams that need to devise a Plan B for next season:
· Hedo Rick’s Cabaret (1-4): HRC did not go winless this season. However, if they want to continue making a mark in FNL, then they need to beat Pink Panthers this week. HRC needs to tighten up on both defense and offense to have a fighting chance against PP. If HRC does do the impossible and beats PP, FNL fans will be clamoring about this until the new season starts!
· Decepticons (1-4): It’s been a rough season for DEC, but despite their record, they are a playoff caliber team. DEC will be going up against Tune SQUAD and you better believe both teams want that W. DEC wants the respect from their peers and FNL fans. In order to earn that, they need to knock this game out of the park with their trick plays and savvy football IQ.
· The Brady Bunch (0-5): This is it for BB; they either go 0-6 or actually get a W to wrap up the season. You better believe BB will be bringing everything they’ve got to put numbers on the scoreboard and potentially put away the Bird and the BEEZ. One thing this team has shown in their FNL existence is pride; this game will show spectators a lot, win or lose.
Daring Deb’s FNL Power Ranking
1. Pink Panthers FNL
2. #MajorKey #AnotherOne
5. Birds & The BEEZ
6. The U
7. Hurricane SZN
9. Hedo Rick’s Cabaret
10. The Brady Bunch
OFFICIAL BMFL FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS POWER RANKINGS
1. PINK PANTHERS
2. #MAJORKEY #ANOTHERONE
3. BIRDS & THE BEEZ
4. THE U
6. TUNE SQUAD
7. HURRICANE SZN
9. HEDO RICK'S CABERET
10. THE BRADY BUNCH